Thread: Happy for Karen & Mike but I am sad to see Cookiers R Us go:(

Happy for Karen & Mike but I am sad to see Cookiers R Us go:(

I know I am not alone to feel a good bit of sadness about this beloved forum being gone forever. This is the place where I learned, was encouraged, supported and became a cookier. I think CRU is the birthplace of many, many cookiers. FB is great but there is an encyclopedia for cookiers on this site and it is SEARCHABLE! When I google a cookie question, a post from this forum is usually at the top of the results. I cannot thank Karen and Mike enough for creating this Forum and keeping it going all of these years.

If there is a handy way to preserve the contents of CRU, I'd like to do it. There is just so much excellent reference material that I count on. If anyone has ideas, please post them!

Barbara
    Barbara

Be who you are
    Say how you feel
    Those that mind don't matter
    Those that matter don't mind

I guess I missed the announcement. If it was on Facebook I wouldn't have seen it. :-(
    I'll be sad to see this place go. It's been amazing.
    http://www.cookied-oh.blogspot.com/

*Successfully holding out against Facebook since 2004!*

I just read on FB they were closing the shop, I didn't know CRU was going too! This makes me so, so sad... I haven't been around a lot since moving almost 4 years ago but I do pop in once in a while, and I ALWAYS refer to this site for answers. I learned almost everything on this forum, way back when there was nowhere else to learn from, before all of the big name cookie decorators had blogs, before the many FB pages and YouTube videos... I will be forever grateful : ). Hoping there are good things on the horizon for them, and hoping there is a way to archive everything somehow - it would be a shame for all of this information be lost forever...

I've only been around here the past few years and learned so much, even by reading up on all the posts prior to my arrival. When I started cookie decorating I viewed all of Karen's videos and enjoy her recipes as well. I don't know if CRU will still be around so I better go save a bunch of recipes quickly. I received an email about them closing their shop, probably because I've been a customer. I wish them both well and thank them for all they've done for the cookie world. It was so nice to meet so many wonderful cookiers here. (Why does the word "cookiers" always come up as a misspelled word ... don't they know that's a thing by now?)

Hmmm I have been a customer too but didn't get an email. Wish I had known sooner - went to order my bags (have only seen them there) and they are not coming up : (

DippinPops - I was on my computer when I got the email and I went there immediately. I use bottles and wanted to see if I could grab some, but none showed up. I think they probably haven't restocked things for a bit so they were probably low on most things.

I haven't heard yet that the forum is gone. Karen said she would like to keep the info available. They would like to find someone who is willing to take over the technical end of the forum but that hasn't happened yet. I'm sure they will announce if the forum is closed. We only have 14 active members...is that enough to warrant keeping it active and not just a searchable data base??? --Katy
    Don't let comparison steal your joy!!! --Sugarbelle
    Compare a little less and enjoy a little more.
    --LilaLoa

You have the potential to make beautiful things. Yes, you.--Chapix Cookies

https://www.facebook.com/katydoescookies

is their going to be a facebook group or something in place of this forum? Anyone know?