Thread: Meringue Powder Question

Senior Member Lynda's Sweet Edibles's Avatar

Meringue Powder Question

I had read on here about Ateco Meringue powder being very good. I went on Amazon which is where the person said they ordered it from and ordered it and when it arrived it came as Americolor Meringue powder instead of the Ateco. I called the company that sent it and they said that I got the right stuff that all they carry is the Americolor and that it is one of the same but that I could return it if I wanted. My question is has anyone else used the Americolor Meringue Powder? I use Wilton now but thought I'd try this ateco. I plan on ordering it somewhere else (Anyone who has ordered it and indeed got the ateco could you please let me know where you ordered it, Thanks) but if someone has tried the americolor and found it to be better then Wilton's I might just keep this as well. I also wanted to post this to make everyone aware that when you order it from Amazon it is not the ateco you are going to get. Hope this helps the next Amazon shopper. BEWARE!!!

I didn't know that Americolor had Meringue powder. I'd love to hear if anyone has tried it. I use Wilton cause that's what I can get in town for a good price.

As for Amazon...I just ordered some rectangular cookie cutter, a nesting set of 4 or 5. Anyway, they sent me square. I went back and searched again, rectangle and sure enough the square ones are about halfway down the page and the pictures seems to show them looking like rectangles...makes you want to double check all your orders.

I've bought a few things from Amazon and I've been surprised a few times with my orders being switched with a brand other than what I've originally ordered. But I always keep going back.

I use Ateco meringue powder, and by the way I love it! It smells and tastes wonderful. I always buy mine through Amazon. I have never had them switch brands on me. I think the first time I ordered it I went through the link on University of Cookie.